Speakers confirmed for new to management webinars
VPMA has announced the speaker line up for its forthcoming webinar series, New to Management, which is aimed at all those people in veterinary practice who are new to a management role or are looking for that next step into a supervisory position.
Self-confessed “People Geek” Deborah Wylie will host Webinar 1 – Teamwork: encouraging harmony. Deborah is a speaker, coach, and NLP practitioner and trainer. With more than 20 years’ experience in business development, Deborah has coached and mentored managers, leaders, sales and customer service staff both within the veterinary profession and outside.
Managers and leaders will learn about how to manage their teams in a more sophisticated way, giving them the skills to persuade and motivate different types of team members and to make best use of their differing needs. This, says Deborah, leads to more effective team working, reduced instances of conflict and enhanced recruitment and retention of new team members.
Webinar 1 will be held on 22 February 2017, at 8pm. You can sign up and find out more by visiting http://events-by-vpma.co.uk/
Other speakers for the New to Management webinars are as follows.
Webinar 2 – Appraisals: a simple guide, hosted by Renay Rickard, VPMA President
– This webinar will look at the various roles within practice, look at personality traits and how to encourage cohesive, supportive team structures.
Webinar 3 – Difficult team members and disciplinary processes, hosted by Citation
– Dealing with difficult team members is stressful and hard. Find out how to handle these situations and what might be expected of you in managing a disciplinary process.
Webinar 4 – Time management, hosted by Alan Robinson, Vet Dynamics
– Are you managing the ops list, organising lunch, planning rotas and juggling student training, alongside your regular day job? Join us for some top tips on managing your time efficiently and effectively.
Webinar 5 – Communicating with clients and the public, hosted by Susie Samuel, Vet Help Direct and Libby Sheridan, Mojo Consultancy.
– Do you have responsibility for managing social media or marketing in your practice? This webinar helps you understand the basic rules of engagement on and offline. Includes managing negative social media and PR.
Webinar 6 – Complaints – how to deal with them and how to avoid them happening in the first place!, hosted by VDS
– Keeping clients on-side in a complaint is stressful and, if handled incorrectly, might make matters worse. Learn how to resolve such situations and how, by good communication, they can be avoided or minimised.
The webinars build into a course covering the management topics that cause the most concern for those with limited experience or who are considering moving into a practice management or supervisory role. The VPMA brought together the topics after asking veterinary nurses at the Head Nurse Congress earlier in the year to complete a questionnaire.
Each webinar will start at 8pm and last for approximately 50 minutes, with a discussion at the end, and they will run at intervals of two to three weeks, starting in February 2017.
To attend each webinar it will cost £15+VAT, or you may book all six for £60+VAT. If you have team members carrying out any kind of management role or activity, then show your support by enrolling them.
Or you can sign up for VPMA membership. The webinar series, like the Lunchtime Management Update talks, is free to VPMA members.