Tender process now open for the procurement of Post Mortem Examination services
The Government has announced that the tender process is now open for the procurement of Post Mortem Examination services.
AHVLA is seeking contractor(s) with suitable PME facilities and veterinary staff with experience in farm animal disease investigations and pathology to deliver a diagnostic and surveillance service.
The services required include:
- Alerting AHVLA to suspicions of new or re-emerging threats, or cases of notifiable disease.
- Participation as part of an extended network of veterinary staff with experience in Farm Animal disease investigations and pathology, actively engaging in government surveillance for potential new disease in Farm Animals.
- Day-to-day discussion with practitioners about disease incidents where specialist advice is needed.
- Examination of Farm Animal cases with the objective of diagnosing disease.
- Collection and reporting of data from PME and disease investigations of Farm Animals for the purpose of accumulation of surveillance intelligence.
There are 8 Lots – East Midlands, East of England, North East, North West, South East, South West, West Midlands, and Wales.
The tender closes on 27th June 2014 and the deadline for clarification questions from interested parties is 16th June. Contracts will be awarded in August with a start date of 1st September 2014. Contracts are for 3 years, with the option to extend for a further 24 months in 12 month increments.
You can apply to tender via the Defra e-tendering site, BRAVO (https://defra.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml). You will need to register, and once you have done so can access ‘ITTs open to all suppliers’ under ‘Opportunities’. The ITT code for this project is itt_784 and is called ‘20089 Provision of Post Mortem Examination services for the purpose of surveillance of farm animals’.