VetGrad is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act.
We use the personal information you supply to:
- confirm that as a registered veterinary surgeon, you are entitled to use the resources on the site, or linked to from the site;
- to allow us to present the appropriate information to you within the site, and
- to keep in touch with you.
We will not share your personal information with any third party.
Our processing is therefore purely for keeping accounts and records, and as we do not make any disclosures, there is no need for us to notify the Information Commissioner that we are a data controller. However, this is no way weakens your protection under the law. If you are in any way unhappy with the way we handle your personal information, please contact us in the first instance.
VetGrad puts three types of cookies on your computer:
- A "session cookie" - this is essential for the site to function properly, and contains no personal information. It allows the web server to keep track of your visit as you move from one page on the site to another. It is deleted as soon as you close your browser.
- A "remember me" cookie. If you chose to allow your PC to remember your VetGrad login by ticking the box on the login page, this cookie logs in automatically for you next time youu visit the site. It is deleted when you untick the 'remember me' box, or one month after your last visit. The login information is stored in an encrypted form.
- "Google Analytics" cookies. These help us analyse the way people use our site so that we can improve it. It helps us track for example the most popular landing page, the average length of visit or number of pages viewed. It does not contain any personal information.
If you want to know more about cookies, we recommend this site.