We are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join an independent small animal practice in Birmingham. This is a full-time role. We are a busy tier 2 small animal clinic based near Sutton Coldfield with 6 vets, 7 RVN’s, and a great team of support staff. Due to an increase in business, we are now looking to expand our team. We offer a great work life balance with a half day and several afternoons free each week with no on-call and 5 weeks holiday. Our practice is spacious, well equipped and air conditioned.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Vet who is looking for a new challenge within an independent practice. This role offers a wide variety of cases daily along with support of a highly experienced team of Veterinary Surgeons and Nurses. All members of staff are offered the opportunity to work to their full potential and develop their clinical skill set medically and surgically.
- Full-time hours
- The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone completing a certificate or looking to further develop their skills.
- They have the work / life balance with 2 free afternoons and half day each week
- No on call work
- 5 weeks holiday
- Generous CPD allowance
- Excellent salary and package.
About the Role:
- We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon for the delivery of an efficient, professional and caring service to all the practice clients and to provide a high standard of customer service and clinical care whilst also promoting pet wellbeing and delivering preventive services.
- The practice building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
- The caseload is varied on a day to day basis
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
- Responsible for managing cases cost-effectively, encouraging financial contributions from clients
- A long established local independent practice striving to improve pets' lives - through prevention, education and quality value treatment.
- They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven into the help improve the lives of every pet.
- Generous salary package
- Car Allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Full Time Hours
- CPD is encouraged and self-development is actively encouraged
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- 25 Days holiday per year
- Paid statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills